It's a great time to be a Fuji X owner. First two sets of Firmware are to be released in the coming months. The first is already been detailed and outed. These are for the X-E1 and XPro1.
Firmware V1.06 for X-E1 & V2.05 for X Pro1
The following information is taken from the X-E1 download page for version 1.06
- "1Operability is improved to change settings easier and quicker by "single-hand".
- "Focus Frame Selection" option is added to "Fn" (function) button.
- "One more "Fn" function (No.2) is added to the down key of the "Selector".
- In the "Fn BUTTON" on the SHOOTING MENU, selection of "Fn BUTTON" or "▼SELECTOR" is added. The default setting of the added Fn function (No.2) is "Focus Frame Selection".
- 2Function to enable "Command dial" to control aperture setting for XF lens without an aperture ring is added.
This function is for the XF27mmF2.8 and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS which don't have an aperture ring. On the Shooting Mode, "APERTURE SETTING" is added and one of "AUTO+MANUAL", "AUTO" and "MANUAL" can be selected.
For detail of how to operate, please refer to the operation manual "Before Using This Product" bundled with above lenses.
- The "APERTURE SETTING" will be newly appeared, but it is not selectable unless either XF27mmF2.8 or XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS is attached to a camera."
The next firmware is going to add focus peaking for manual focus and also is supposed to speed up AF across all lenses. This is supposed to hit around the 23 July. So fire up your web browser of choice and get downloading.
In other news the XM1 has also been shown and it looks fantastic. I'd love to try it out, but alas I don't have the cash at the moment.